Welcome to our website for the churches in the North Westmorland group of Churches. The links above are for the whole group of Churches. Please click on the appropriate image below to load the home page for each church. Please note that this is the only official website for this group of churches.
The Archbishops and Bishops of the Church of England have urged everyone to follow the instructions given by the Prime Minister to stay in their homes in a national effort to limit the transmission of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
It means all Church of England churches, including ours, will close with immediate effect in line with the Government’s instructions. There will also be no weddings or baptisms. Funerals can still go ahead but at the graveside or crematorium only, with only the closest family in attendance and essential physical distancing measures in place. More information below.
Public Worship is now On-line on our YouTube Channel
- Online. Go to https://www.youtube.com and type “Heart of Westmorland” into the search box. Then just click on the video and it should play automatically.
- Download the YouTube App from your App store. Again, type “Heart of Westmorland” into the search box and follow the steps above.
- Most modern TVs have a YouTube channel that allows you to search as above.
- Apple TV also has a YouTube channel that can be used in the same way.
- You don’t need a YouTube account to access the videos in the ways mentioned above, but if you do have one, you can subscribe (for free) to our channel. That will give you notifications every time a new video is uploaded and allow you to comment on what you see (judge us gently folks!)
Coronavirus Covid-19 Update
Lent Groups, Church Meetings and APCMs
- To extend the office of elected lay members of the PCC to the conclusion of the delayed APCM.
- To extend the period of office of those Deanery Synod lay representatives until the conclusion of the delayed APCM.
- To extend the period of office for the current Churchwardens until their successors have been appointed and
- Finally to extend the admission date for Churchwardens beyond 31 July 2020 to 31 January 2021.
Weddings, Funerals and Christenings (Baptisms)
Promoting a Safer Church
We are committed to ensuring that this is a safe place for everyone and the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults is an absolute priority in the North Westmorland Churches. Safeguarding is God’s love in action and we work hard to make our churches safe and secure places where abuse and mistreatment of others will not be tolerated. We abide by the Carlisle Diocese Safeguarding Policy.
Our Safeguarding Co-ordinator, responsible for all the North Westmorland Churches is Sarah Banks. Tel: 01931 712801, email: email@example.com.
For more information and details of who to contact if you are concerned that someone you know may be suffering harm please visit our Safeguarding page.
Do you want a Marriage, Christening or Funeral in Church?
Click the appropriate link to find out more.