Welcome to our website for the churches in the North Westmorland group of Churches. The links above are for the whole group of Churches. Please click on the appropriate image below to load the home page for each church. Please note that this is the only official website for this group of churches.
Live Church is Back !!!
- Social distancing will be in place at all times. but you can sit in your family groups or bubbles.
- Clear instructions will be in place about where to sit and how to follow the service
- We won’t be using hymn books, service books or pewsheets. Instead there will be single-use paper service sheets. It’s important that you take those home to dispose of yourself.
- We won’t be having hymns or Holy Communion. However, we think you will still find it an uplifting act of worship. We hope to introduce Holy Communion very soon and hymns too, before too long – we are expecting further guidance on both in the near future.
- It goes against the grain for us, but sadly, there will be no activities for children and children will need to sit with their families under parental supervision.
- The service will last only around 30 minutes.
- Wearing of face-coverings is voluntary.
- The toilet will be open. We recommend you only use it if you have to, but it will be available if you need it.
- You will be asked to give your names on entering Church. This is simply so that we can keep a temporary record of who is attending, for Test & Trace purposes. The record will be destroyed after 21 days, but don’t be disconcerted if you’re name is taken – it doesn’t mean you’re in trouble!
- People who are at extra risk and the ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’ should be advised that there is an increased risk of attending public worship, but the decision to attend is yours. We will ensure that the ’normal’ risks of infection are mitigated as far as possible within government guidelines.
Our YouTube Services will continue as usual
We will continue to provide weekly acts of worship on Sundays and Wednesdays, to supplement our live worship and for those who cannot attend personally.
Celebrating the First Decade
Below is a personal message from The Revd Stewart Fyfe on the 10th anniversary of his installation in our parishes.
Our Churches are available for small-scale funerals attended by up to 30 guests. No singing is possible at the moment. For people unable to attend, we are happy to allow you to video the service. Please do contact us if you would like to explore this.
Keeping in touch
Promoting a Safer Church
We are committed to ensuring that this is a safe place for everyone and the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults is an absolute priority in the North Westmorland Churches. Safeguarding is God’s love in action and we work hard to make our churches safe and secure places where abuse and mistreatment of others will not be tolerated. We abide by the Carlisle Diocese Safeguarding Policy.
Our Safeguarding Co-ordinator, responsible for all the North Westmorland Churches is Sarah Banks. Tel: 01931 712801, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and details of who to contact if you are concerned that someone you know may be suffering harm please visit our Safeguarding page.
Do you want a Marriage, Christening or Funeral in Church?
Click the appropriate link to find out more.