Welcome to our website for the churches in the North Westmorland group of Churches. Please note that this is the only official website for this group of churches.
We now have a rota of live services in our communities. This can be viewed here. From 19 July, the following Covid safety guidance applies:
What is changing:
- Social distancing is no longer imposed, but please consider your neighbours’s needs, particularly when moving around the Church.
- At the discretion of the Eucharistic president we may now receive Holy Communion at the altar rail, rather than receiving it in our pews. Please observe distancing at the altar and while queuing.
- At the discretion of the Eucharistic president, the common cup may be offered at Holy Communion to those who wish to receive it (please bear in mind that the president needs to consume any leftover wine!)
- The lectern may be used by those reading lessons/offering intercessions. Applying hand sanitiser is strongly recommended.
What will not change yet:
- Congregational singing will only take place outdoors.
- The Peace will be shared without contact.
- Refreshments will not be served.
What has become optional:
- Wearing of face coverings by the congregation – though it remains strongly advised.
- Registering for track & trace – the QR code and manual register are available for those requesting its use.
Our latest YouTube Service can be viewed here
Weddings and Christenings are Back !!
We are now taking bookings for Weddings and Christenings (Baptisms) in Church. Some restrictions still apply. To book a wedding please contact Joyce, our Office Manager. To book a Christening, please contact Stewart, our Rector.
Keeping in touch
Promoting a Safer Church
We are committed to ensuring that this is a safe place for everyone and the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults is an absolute priority in the North Westmorland Churches. Safeguarding is God’s love in action and we work hard to make our churches safe and secure places where abuse and mistreatment of others will not be tolerated. We abide by the Carlisle Diocese Safeguarding Policy.
Our Safeguarding Co-ordinator, responsible for all the North Westmorland Churches is Sarah Banks. Tel: 01931 712801, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and details of who to contact if you are concerned that someone you know may be suffering harm please visit our Safeguarding page.
Do you want a Marriage, Christening or Funeral in Church?
Click the appropriate link to find out more.